Thursday 26 April 2012

a Heart Free to Fly

I
Moments of dread and darkness
A haunted road in dark blue
'm impatiently behind bars
Not the usual one, mind you
But the one confined by time
A mental journey so weary and tame
I kill time uncovering myself
In the hope of getting wiser


II
Be that as it may
The deeper I dig
The more I face timidity
Deep down I know
I ain't the person I used to be
The ambitious and bold "me" is greatly missed;
He's got helplessly lost the day before yesterday
For no more I find myself pursuing dreams far-fetched

III
'm just like the folks around me now
Becoming so I see no problem, really
For, the more I assimilate
The fewer disagreements they and I will have
But at times I doubt
Who is that angry, young man I see
Staring straight back at me?
How come my reflection's someone I barely know?

No comments:

Post a Comment