Sunday 15 April 2012

Companionship

[...]
But I came late to primary school,
Everyone was a pair.
I stood alone, feeling a fool
Wishing I wasn't there.

As I grew older and less of a brat
One friend wasn't enough
Plenty of interests taught me that
Friends are from varied stuff.

I need one to talk to [Herman Lai], have a laugh [Vincent Lau],
One for quiet times [Benett Rose]
One to walk with [Robert Beula], one I can chaff [Dominic, LSK]
One who enjoys my rhymes [Masayasu Yuki]

I'd like one with whom to travel all over [Keith Lau]
On foot [Hung Tsai], by air [KTC], or on buses [Patrick]
From England to Asia, and back to Dover
Someone who never fusses.

Ten friends are good, twenty is better
Especially when out of school
Contact by e-mail, or even by letter
That way, life is cool

※ a modified, abridged version from Exam Skills+ ※

No comments:

Post a Comment