Wednesday 2 May 2012

Livid

Albeit infrequent
Every time when I pay a visit to my parents' home
- where I used to stay -
Mum would nag me to pack my stuff, leaving me no choice at all
Yesterday, my little enlightenment book on Haiku
Could no longer hide his thick - dusty and yellowish - body
From my mum's eagle eye
He opted not to resist, however
But fell prey to her claws
A bit too leniently, I reckoned

When I saw him I paused for a sec
A while too short to be noticed by my biological parents
I was silently thrilled to bits
For he'd been nowhere to find for years
But he must have found himself abandoned
Exactly like how I felt and feel
I saw myself amidst the silly season
When I came to learn filial piety in front of the telly during last summer
In retrospect, I honestly think it's fine
So long as you demand no more that I call this flat home

No comments:

Post a Comment