Sunday 18 March 2012

unabridged

I've done my time, I know.
Tired of it, sick of it,
To which I refer all the stuff that was once so important to me;
Its value is, however, vanishing fast
Without trace, without whys.

"No more lingering, please,"
Hand on heart, I murmur,
"I may have been wrong,
But, I did what I thought was right.
Maybe the only mistake I made is:
BORN LATE,
Later than those who have acted lazier and,
at the same time, more selfish."

Interestingly, though,
"I'm a Christian," they keep claiming;
"Geez!" I despise.
I'm so glad that I have never ever been one of them;
As a matter of fact, I'm more intrigued by Buddhism,
for its main principle, karma, shall punish the real culprits.

No more cynicism. Be contented
I write by a cliff
pondering, whispering to myself
"Isn't summer dusk adorable?"

No comments:

Post a Comment